Anya is from Russia and here to share her stories and recommendations around the country!
- To access Episode 12 please access it on my web host, Buzzsprout
- To access the Traveltalk podcast from your mobile device, try itunes or Google Play
– Red Square is a must
– museums inside Kremlin especially State Regalia one
– Multimedia Art Museum, Moscow – my fav of all time, a lot of provocative visual art
– Tretyakov Gallery for classic fine art
– White Rabbit – there is an episode of a Netflix show about it, authentic Russian cuisine
– Turandot – prepare to be wow’d by everything, royal dining experience
– Zhivago – USSR themed, really authentic
– Book a Airbnb walking tour experience to see the best of Moscow. Russians love to stroll, so streets are beautiful and pedestrian friendly. There are a lot of parks and squares with cafes and benches to relax and enjoy the view.
– Peterhof (takes at least a full day)
– boat tour of canals is an absolute must
– roof of Saint Isaac’s cathedral for the best view (in photos below)
– any rooftop restaurant
– St Petersburg is a gorgeous city full of history. Just walking around is great. There are bunch of historical palaces and churches. Food is great everywhere.
– Highly recommend doing it only in summer time though. It’s extremely cold in winter and a lot of beautiful sites and Peterhof are closed.
Other cool cities to consider:
– Nizhny Novgorod
– If you have a little extra time, there is a really fascinating river cruise around what’s called Russian Golden Ring. Over a few days a cruise ship goes through small and big historical towns around European part of Russia.